"On-line" - Liberty - Freestyle Day
You Want to Bring a Horse
Prepare your horse to be ridden. Develop gaits that are comfortable and safe for a rider. Develop smooth upward and downward transitions. Teach your horse to be braver and more responsive in every zone!
This is an all day event (6 hours total) please sign up for both AM and PM sessions after talking to Debbie. The exact times for a lunch break and time to tack up, will be decided on the day of the clinic.
Here are some topics that may be covered in this Playgroup. In class, if there is a specific issue that you need help with, please let the instructor know – there might be someone else in the class with the same question! We look forward to seeing you there
- Level 2/3 On Line Patterns - Touch-it, Figure 8, Weave it
Play tools, 22' and carrot stick, 45'
- Pick up all feet, Lead by the Leg
- Stick to me at the walk, trot
- Transitions, walk, trot, canter
- Sideways at trot
- Sideways without the rail
- Mounting block
- Jumping the barrels
- Zone 3 driving
- Cross tarp
- Draw at trot
- Extreme Friendly - Bomb proofing!
~ Activities we may play with ~
- Level 2, 3 & 4 liberty patterns
- - Circles, Touch-It, Figure 8, Weave, Push a Ball
* note - activities are for levels 2-3-4. Farrah will facilitate your liberty in the level you are currently playing in.
- extreme friendly in all 5 zones
- lead backwards by the tail
- draw at the walk and trot
- stick to me transitions - walk-trot-canter-halt-back up
- halt to canter transitions
- single spins
- change of direction at the walk and trot
- circling backwards for half a lap
- sideways over a barrel
- sideways towards
- trailer loading at a walk or a trot
- playing all 7 games at liberty, with obstacles
*Equipment needed: carrot stick
The goal of this class is to introduce most of the topics in Level 2 or 3 On Line, Liberty and Freestyle. You may need more time to practice these tasks to actually make them passable for your Level 2 or 3 On Line or Freestyle Audition (depending on how much you practice outside of class).
Freestyle Level 2/3 PM SessionMinimum Requirements:
Auditioned or self assessed Level 1, Level 2 On Line, comfortable riding horse at a walk and trot* (if you are not comfortable, please see the Building Confidence Class held on Friday evening)
Farrah Green - 3 Star Parelli Instructor
Develop a horse with all of the basic skills for any performance discipline and trail riding. Rhythm in all gaits that are comfortable to ride without fear. Select left and right leads at the canter. Use the patterns for your horse's horsenality as a tool to build to bridleless riding. Build a responsive partner with light communication and a rider with very good feel and timing.
In class, if there is a specific issue that you need help with, please let the instructors know – there might be someone else in the class with the same question! We look forward to seeing you there!
- Level 2 Freestyle skills and patterns with excellence
- Prepare for bridleless riding, stick riding: 1 and 2 sticks
- Bridle from your horse's back
- Ride with neck string
- Drop to trot lead changes
- Transitions- walk, trot, canter
- Sideways without a fence, without reins
- Bullseye, Cloverleaf, Bow Tie, Figure 8, Million Transitions, Question box, Obstacles
- Open gates
- Small Jumps
Possible goals for this Playgroup will be to accomplish the following with phase 1 or 2:
Canter with confidence and feel your leads (Level 3)!
You have the basic correct techniques of indirect, direct, and supporting rein (Level 2) with your stick and the neck string (Level 3).
That you know how to use these rein positions to influence your horse's body parts.
For more information please contact Debbie Kirchner at